1.888.321.7828 sales@pepid.com

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has allowed marketing of ClearMate to treat patients suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in emergency rooms. Malvina Eydelman, M.D., director of the Division of Ophthalmic, and Ear, Nose and Throat Devices in the FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health says “While the current standard treatment of administering 100 percent oxygen through a mask can be done anywhere, hyperbaric treatment, which is necessary for severe carbon monoxide poisoning, is less accessible because there are only 60 medical centers with hyperbaric units in the entire U.S. Moreover, those medical facilities are seldom in rural areas, so treatment in those areas could be delayed considerably due to transport time. Today’s marketing authorization provides patients with access to a simple, yet lifesaving device that may minimize the delay of getting vital treatment, especially in severe cases of carbon monoxide poisoning.”

ClearMate is a device that utilizes a gas mixer, valves, meters, breathing circuits, an oxygen reservoir, a mask and hoses to speed up the elimination of carbon monoxide from the body in patients suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The device delivers 100 percent oxygen to the patient as well as a mixture of oxygen and carbon dioxide to cause the patient to breathe faster, accelerating the rate at which the carbon monoxide leaves the patient’s body while allowing a normal amount of oxygen to attach to hemoglobin and be carried where it is needed throughout the body.

Read the Full FDA Press Release Here.

[elfsight_social_share_buttons id=”3″]

Share This