A cohort study by the United Kingdom Clinical Research Datalink associated the use of ACEIs with an increased risk of lung cancer. The association elevated among people using ACE Inhibitors for more than five years. The study consisted of 992,061 patients treated with antihypertension drugs from 1995 to 2016. The researchers followed patients for a mean of 6.4 years, generating 7,952 incidents of lung cancer events. Read the full study on BMJ here.
- FDA Approves New Treatment for HSDD in Premenopausal Women
- FDA Approves First Treatment for Episodic Cluster Headache that Reduces the Frequency of Attacks
- New Indication for Zerbaxa (ceftolozan & tazobactam) Battles Antimicrobial-resistant Infections
- First P13K inhibitor for Breast Cancer Gets FDA Approved
- Novel FDA Drug Approvals: February-May 2019