The FDA announced emergency use authorization for a rapid, single-use test to detect the Ebola Virus (Zaire ebolavirus). The test, called the DPP Ebola Antigen System (Chembio Diagnostic Systems Inc), is novel for using a portable battery reader for accurate diagnostics outside of a laboratory, where patients are usually treated. Read more about recently authorized DPP Ebola Antigen System here.
- Onward and Down 2019: Medical Cost Trends and Pharmacy-Led Strategies to Mitigate Them
- FDA approved Aemcolo (rifamycin) for Travelers’ Diarrhea.
- Untapped Support: Certified Pharmacy Technicians for More Efficient Pharmacies
- Keep Your Genes On: How to Set Patients’ Expectations of PGx Testing
- FDA Approves a New Version of OTC Inhaler Primatene Mist