Tecovirimat (TPOXX) is the first FDA approved drug treatment of smallpox. In 1980, WHO declared that smallpox was eradicated; however, tecovirimat was developed as a counter to the possible use of smallpox as a bio-weapon. It is the first product awarded a Material Threat Medical Countermeasure priority review voucher by the FDA.
- FDA Approves Elzonris (tagraxofusperzs) Infusion to Treat Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm
- New Treatment for Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Approved by the FDA
- FDA Approves App-connected Digital Inhaler
- New Drug for People Suffering from Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC)
- First Successful Live Birth After Uterus Transplant